FirmoGraphs is continuously tracking major infrastructure projects and trends across the country.
Transit Infrastructure Markets
Did you know... that Florida's Department of Transportation proposed $10.4 billion for the FY 2021-2022 budget?
A little more...On January 28th, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the proposed $10.4 billion budget for FDOT FY 2021-2022. FDOT Secretary Kevin Thibault praised the proposal, which will allow Florida to continue to improve their transportation stewardship.
The proposed budget specifically includes the following:
- $2.5 billion for highway construction to include 210 new lane miles
- $1 billion in resurfacing to include 2,689 lane miles
- $122.6 million in seaport infrastructure enhancements
- $331 million for aviation improvements
- $516 million for scheduled repairs of 89 bridges and replacement of 18 bridges
- $717 million for rail/transit program advancements
- $172.2 million for safety initiatives
Florida is now the 3rd most populous state and has added around 2.5 million residents since the 2010 census.
FirmoGraphs curates data and news about U.S. transit infrastructure markets, including important regulatory changes, capital plans, and project awards. This information gives transit industry executives a leg-up in their U.S. local, state, and national business development activities.
Industry Insights give you late-breaking insights that you may not otherwise notice within large Business Intelligence applications.